COMMUNITY, CAREER, EDUCATION & ETHICS
AMWA is the leading professional association for writers, editors, and other communicators of medical information. If you are considering a career in medical writing or are already working in the field of medical communication, AMWA is your resource for career and professional development.
AMWA's mission is to promote excellence in medical communication and to provide educational resources in support of that goal. Your membership supports this mission and helps AMWA develop the programs, resources and services you need to practice and promote excellence in medical communication.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP INCLUDE:
Community Building & Networking
- Professional networking for career and personal enrichment
- AMWA membership directory
- List serves for general and special interest areas
- AMWA Update - monthly guide to AMWA activities and opportunities
- AMWA Facebook Group
- AMWA Twitter
- AMWA Blogs
- Chapter Membership
AMWA chapters provide opportunities for local networking and relationship development. Most chapters hold regular meetings, plan social gatherings, and host local workshops on medical communication. Many publish a chapter newsletter and some offer awards to recognize professional achievement. Association dues include automatic membership in a regional chapter.
Education & Career Development
- AMWA Journal – a peer reviewed publication delivered quarterly to AMWA members.
- Extensive educational offerings for medical communication at all stages of career
AMWA members receive special discounts on AMWA's highly respected and comprehensive educational programming. Learn more about AMWA's education offerings including the AMWA Certificate enrollment, workshop offerings, and Self-Study Modules.
- Promotional opportunities for freelance medical writing professionals including:
o Freelance Directory of medical communication services
- Jobs Online - the premiere resource for medical writing employment opportunities
- Leadership Development through Volunteer Opportunities in AMWA Committees
- Student Scholarships
- Annual Conference
AMWA's Annual Conference provides unparalleled opportunities for learning, networking, and career development. The Annual Conference registration includes Welcome Reception, Conference Coach Connection, Keynote Address, open sessions, and multiple networking events. The event provides the most effective opportunity to work towards AMWA certificate completion through expansive workshop offerings.
Professional Resources & Support
- Professional Code of Ethics
- AMWA Pocket Trainings
- AMWA Salary Survey
- Access to members-only areas on the AMWA website
- Professional Recognitions
- Free access to MDConsult via AMWA website
- Affiliation discounts for products and services including
o50% discount on Reference Manager® or Endnote® bibliographic database software
o 20% discount on full-text article delivery from GKDocuments
o F1000 – 1st month free, 10% discount after.
o 15% discount on Journal of Communication in Healthcare
Membership Types & Dues
Proof of Student Status required. Please learn more about student memberships.