AMWA Endowment Fund
The AMWA Endowment Fund was created in 2004 as a self-sustaining source of revenue to develop new member benefits and services.
You can help guarantee that AMWA will benefit members for years to come by making a contribution today and by naming AMWA as a beneficiary in your will or living trust. AMWA is recognized by the IRS as 501(c) (3) organization and contributions are tax deductible in the United States as a charitable donation.
Thanks to our generous members, the endowment fund continues to fund services consistent with AMWA's mission that will benefit the entire membership.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why did AMWA establish the Endowment Fund?
- As AMWA membership grows, so do the demands on the budget, which currently is financed primarily by member dues.
- The Endowment Fund is permanent and self-perpetuating.
- Interest from the Endowment Fund will provide a permanent source of income for AMWA to use on additional member benefits and services.
How will the money be spent?
- The intent is to only spend the interest from the fund each year. The goal is to increase the principal amount each year so that the endowment will continue to grow.
- Spending of interest from the Endowment Fund is considered annually and projects are approved by the AMWA Executive Committee to apply the earnings to activities consistent with AMWA's mission that will benefit the entire membership.
- Interest from the fund may be used to expand AMWA's educational offerings, develop new resources, or fund existing member benefits such as MDConsult.
Is it possible to make a contribution and remain anonymous?
- To make an anonymous contribution, check that option on the online form.
- Another option is to select "nondisclosed." If you choose this option, AMWA will publicly acknowledge your contribution without disclosing the amount.