To maintain the Medical Writer Certified (MWC™) credential, you must recertify by the end of each 5-year certification period, before December 31 of the fifth year after certification was granted (for example, if certified in October 2015 you must recertify by December 31, 2020.). You may recertify by reexamination or by obtaining 50 recertification points from continuing education (CE) activities related to the exam content outline.
How Can I Earn Recertification Points?
There are a wide variety of opportunities to earn recertification points, including
- attending or presenting at in-person educational activities.
- participating in online educational activities.
- taking or teaching a university-level course.
- successfully completing AMWA Self-Study Workbooks.
- publishing articles or books.
- maintaining a professional membership.
You can begin accruing MWC™ recertification points as soon as you have passed the exam. Keep documentation for all of your qualifying activities, as you may need to supply this material to the Certification Commission.
The recertification fee is $375.