Master the Essential Skills of Medical Writing
The AMWA Essential Skills (ES) certificate program is designed to help you refine your basic editing, writing, communication, and bibliographic skills.
Earning the ES Certificate will
- Enhance your professional credibility.
- Show your commitment to excellence in medical communication.
- Refine and refresh your skillset and expertise.
- Maximize your competitive edge.
How to Earn the Essential Skills Certificate
- Enroll in the certificate program
- Earn a total of 8 credits from Essential Skills Courses (within 2 years). You may earn credit using any combination of these options.
- Passing self-study workbook quizzes.
- Completing in-person ES workshops at the Medical Writing & Communication Conference and/or at chapter events
Save time and money with the Essential Skills (ES) Express Package.
ES Express Package
Earn the ES Certificate conveniently and at a price that fits your budget. The ES Express Package includes enrollment and all seven workbooks and quick reference guides.
This package is perfect for you if you’re
- looking for a convenient and cost-effective way to earn an AMWA certificate
- getting started in the medical communication field
- gearing up to enhance and refresh your skill set
Essential Skills (ES) self-study workbooks are available for you to learn at your own pace, when and where it’s convenient for you. Authored by industry experts, the workbooks are designed for medical communicators at all levels of experience and provide long-term value as reference guides.
ES Express Package offers over 25% savings!
As a medical translator considering a career shift into regulatory writing, the Essential Skills
self-study workbooks enabled me to learn the basics of medical writing at my own pace,
while living outside of the U.S. Despite being a non-native English speaker,
I found all the workbooks to be well constructed, easy to follow, and very useful in
developing a strong foundation of the elements of style.”
- Natsuko Macaud