Your webinar registration includes access to the recording in AMWA Online Learning
Are you an experienced writer looking for new challenges and content areas? If you are interested in writing content to support learning for healthcare professionals, this webinar is for you. We’ll review the evolution of continuing medical education (CME) into CEHP and CPD, and explore what writers need to know in order to position themselves to create adult learning content.
- From CME to CEHP: The changing world of education in healthcare
- Funding sources, rules and regulations—what writers need to be aware of
- Differences and similarities in competence-, performance-, quality improvement-, and patient-focused CME/CPD
- Content opportunities in CME/CPD—what they are and where to find them
At the conclusion of this webinar, learners will be able to
- Define the role of education for healthcare professionals in the evolving environment of health care in the US
- Recognize differences between competence-, performance-, quality improvement-, and patient-focused CME/CPD
- Identify existing skills that you can parlay into developing adult learning content for healthcare professionals
Learning Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Content Areas: Ethics, Freelance, Health and Medicine, Writing for Professional Audiences
About the Presenter
Initially trained in Scotland as a Registered General Nurse, Alexandra Howson, CHCP, MA, PhD is an experienced educator (Universities of Edinburgh, Aberdeen and UC Berkeley Extension), an author of several books, including widely used university texts, and a medical sociologist with an international peer review publication record. In addition to creating evidence-based education content for healthcare professionals through Thistle Editorial LLC, Dr. Howson has a track record in conducting qualitative research to support continuing education/quality improvement needs and outcomes assessments in healthcare.